May 21st – 26th, 2019
Scaravelli Inspired Immersion Course with Catherine Annis:
Would you like to fine-tune your personal yoga practice? Do you want to explore your creativity and expand your yoga approach to teaching?
Join Catherine Annis and Gary Carter for:
Integrated Movement: it’s all connected
Each year the Immersion course evolves, focusing on a different aspect of how we approach our yoga practice in response to requests from current and returning attendees. In 2019 we’ll look at Integrated Movement – It’s all connected.
Limited to just 20 attendees, the course will help you:
- Explore fascia and biotensegrity and how they affect us in yoga
- Discover why we need the opposing forces of compression and tension and how they work together to create harmony
- Develop approaches to unwind the fascial web
- Discover a clearer understanding of the principles of this approach to yoga
- Deepen your knowledge of anatomy and structural relationships
- Explore how our tissues store energy and release it when we need a burst of explosive energy
- Develop fresh subtle approaches to adjusting / assisting your students
- Refresh and reinvigorate your own personal practice and teaching
Gary Carter will join us again to present a full day of explorations, including the latest discoveries from the world of fascia.
- Fascia and Movement
Viewing the anatomy of the body from the perspective of fascia, rather than the more classical anatomy of bones and muscles, gives us a new understanding of the relationship between muscle and fascia.
We’ll be looking at the role fascia plays in our habitual movement patterns and restrictions, and how this manifests in the tissues of the body. This helps us deepen our understanding of movement in both our own bodies and those of others.
This course is designed specifically for yoga teachers, yoga teacher trainees and anyone with a serious interest in exploring their practice, to refine their practice and teaching. This Scaravelli Inspired Immersion Course is an opportunity to expand the ways we teach yoga as inspired by the work of Vanda Scaravelli and is constantly evolving in response to requests from current and returning attendees.
Practicalities and Booking
Arrival is any time from 5pm on Tuesday 15th with a meditation session that evening, after dinner. Departure is at 2.30pm on Sunday. Sessions begin at 9.30am each morning, with time for meditation, walks to the beach, and plenty of deep observational practice.
If you have any questions about suitability or content, please contact Catherine email@example.com.
Earlybird Price: £670 for bookings made before 15th March 2019.
Standard Price: £730 for bookings from 16th March 2019 onwards.
You can read more, book your place or contact Catherine via the boxes below: